In Geography the children will learn:
- Gain curiosity and fascination about the world and its people.
- Develop knowledge about diverse places, people, resources, and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes.
- Develop the Geographical skills required to collect, analyse, and communicate with a range of data.
- Interpret a range of sources of geographical information, including maps, diagrams, globes, aerial photographs.
- Communicate geographical information in a variety of ways, including through maps, numerical and quantitative skills and writing at length.
Supporting Pupils with SEND
To make geography lessons inclusive, teachers need to anticipate what barriers to taking part and learning particular activities, lessons or a series of lessons may pose for pupils with particular SEND and/or disabilities. Teachers plan to reduce these barriers so that all pupils can fully take part in learning. Lessons in geography are sequenced through the use of enquiry questions, challenges and support are differentiated so that all pupils acquire key knowledge when learning about geography.